Tuesday, September 11, 2007

She Walks in Beauty


Every one is going ga ga over her; she was talked about in the past and she is being talked about now and why not, she is the epitome of beauty! While everyone is at it I also grab my moment under the sun…err moon (Though it’s so very unlike me. I seldom tread a path taken by many just so you know!). She is a gorgeous thing on earth ever since she happened and this one is my ode to love, my salute to something so eternally beautiful (oops..again this is so unlike me, worshipping beauty and I? Well, there is always a first time, no?).

Folks, hold on, stop rolling your eye-balls, she is not any female (hetero is the word for me..hic!) but she is our very own Taj Mahal!

I was waiting for that moment to set my eyes on her white marble body, for that special moment under the full moon light. And it’s such a whale of an experience. Wow! and I was floored, my eyes were moist, my throat was dry and heart was beating fast or dancing with joy??!! My joys knew no bounds and I was thrilled…well, that joy was short lived thanks to some rude security personnel who goofed up their watches from the pick-up point and then again at the screening points and my love affair lasted for just about 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes for which I had paid a special sum to ensure my date under moonlight…well, don’t you know good things don’t last for ever?!
But the ‘die-hard’ in me has plans to make it last longer and here is wishing that I could work with Uttar Pradesh Police Force one day and get night shift patrol duty at the monument and quench the romantic in me. Wah, what a thought! I very much could spend all my life admiring the charm and the romance of those moments. Who knows that could open doors for alternative career options of a poet or a creative writer...making of a maestro…ahhh…the 'alert me' says shouting, “wake up! You dream a lot.” Oh, yeah...its time to get practical!

If visiting Taj under moonlight could be so heady, I can only imagine how Shah Jehan used to feel looking at his beautiful wife, the great Mumtaz Mahal. He decided to make this beautiful mausoleum, befitting her beauty who died at childbirth in 1631, a tribute to love and beauty from a husband, a lovelorn, heartbroken Mughal Emperor called Shah Jehan.

Well, now I know for sure ‘beauty rules’! Ooops, why did not I know this before….alas…all those beauty crowns could have been mine…ha ha ha!!! At least someone mentioned a Taj souvenir to me, thats not bad!!

No comments: