Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, smiling face!



Another birthday and my ode to September continues....

September is rather a birthday month indeed! Our good friend smiley turned 25 today. On this very day in 1982, Prof Scott E Fallman of Carnegie Mellon University for the first time gave birth..err conceived what was a series of three characters: a colon, a hyphen and a parenthesis and asked us to read it sideways to see whether it's smiling :-)

Voila! our smiling face, a symbol of good time was born.
Long live smiley !! :-) ummm, I am seriously smiling here! :-D

2 comments:

My World Views said...

Kewl!
Thats' innovative writing. I will use (with/without thee permission) sometime. I liked this one. Nice to see thoughts are shapening up in an interesting manner.

Keep it up.

Solna said...

Your comments are appreciated!