Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Daughter in me


From fire to fair: from bra burning to babe worshipping, I have seen them all.

I am in a celebratory mood today and why not?
Today is ‘daughter’s day’ and I (along with many others) am thriving, basking in glory and soaking in all the bubbly err attention! And that’s definitely a good feeling for all of us, daughters!

‘Happy daughters day’ to all you there; especially for those who could withstand social pressure in their walks of life; for those who escaped that brutal decision of their family and could breathe air after coming out of their mothers’ womb; for those who could be the torch bearer of an empowered generation; for those who could match steps with progress and technology balancing household chores with élan. I salute all those brave hearts and minds who took the challenge to bring on this earth their own girl child(ren) going against family’s wishes. Long live ‘girl child’! Look up and march ahead…the road is paved and it should be good if not smooth.

I am happy and daddy is having a jolly good time! And Sun is smiling, err shining.

No comments: