Sunday, August 10, 2008

News in New York

I love to travel and I am a well planned traveler (hmm...can’t stop being a narcissist!). Mostly my trips go smoothly. But not this time, especially, not when I was in New York. This is the second story in a row and I just cannot ignore it. It never happened to me (someone muttered, there is always a first time. Well, I guess I know that.)


I 'lost' my luggage. I don’t mind it as most of the time it’s my extra clothes (I never wear one pair second time; I have so many clothes, don’t you know?) but I just cannot waste time waiting for my luggage as I had a trip lined up immediately. I waited near the conveyor belt for my second suitcase at Heathrow airport. Bags of different shapes and sizes ramp-walked until I knew the one I wanted to see was yet to board the flight. What?

Yes, that’s exactly what I was told when I went to American Airlines counter at Heathrow airport. My second suitcase from JFK airport was not loaded on the plane as they had problems reading barcodes on the tags as their computers failed. Well, good to know the reason. Things fail and life isn’t a perfect basket. And it failed in New York of all the places and exactly on the day I was traveling. Some really know how to make impression.
I should not crib as every passenger flying with AA on 30 July had a similar experience. And I was lucky as mine arrived on the next flight and it was delivered at my doorstep. And I could carry on with my cute little trip to the beautiful Wales on time. So it was not that bad.

But still for the first time someone goofed up with my luggage and it was in New York.
And it made news, yes it did. Did you see the footage where they showed me along with other passengers tugging along their suitcases and waiting in long lines at JFK when computers failed at all AA counters?

No comments: