Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here I am....


Wow...I have to write about this one: just chanced upon this new book "You Are Here" by Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan.


I am reading quite a lot these days as I like to keep myself busy.

Well, what more you can do when you find yourself surrounded by a horde of workers? Dont you worry: I am not being mobbed or anything; I was supervising workers at my new place as I was readying it for my house guest, a dear friend.


And this was one of the books I read during this stint.


I am amazed at her description and I must tell you this girl can write from her heart and what all she can write! Kudos to her frankness and openness. I admire her for that. Not just because she wrote it but because she is all of 26 years; because she is from India (dont you know about those hypocrites and setting standards and stereotypes?). Ouch, truth hurts.


Hmmm...commendable feat! I gotta meet her and talk with her. I somehow already liked her.

(Her next book reading is on 23 August at MGF Metropolitan Mall, Saket; I will be there.)

No comments: