Sunday, October 28, 2007

Moving on…

I am on a self-imposed sabbatical from my blog as I am divided between mundane activities I undergo before I set out for a trip (again?). And yet I chose to mark my attendance at the blog as I cross-check with the hotel for airport pick-up. Why? Well…

Its some kind of an upheaval I generally undergo just before one of those sojourns and I regard this as one of those. Its about moving from one city to another for me and for another its about moving from one house to another. And I know how it feels when we pack our bags and look at the empty corner which once had the lamp-stand; how it is to know that those spaces would be filled up in completely different fashion when the next resident comes and how those pangs feel when we have treasured some nice moments and shared those hearty laughs sitting on that couch which now sits in the box in a dismantled state ready for a ride.

It’s quite a weak moment, quite an emotional moment.

And I know all of that from my experience of moving almost on an annual basis with my assignments in different places. And it’s doubly emotional when the ghost from the past re-visits you when you are just about to lock your apartment doors after surveying the empty space the last time. And it happened this way yesterday when things occurred the way it was never planned; words were spoken the way they were never expected and you have no clue why it happened and how it happened: the timing, the location, the emotion, and everything.

And something within me moved as I made space to walk around amidst those packed boxes and furnitures. It’s the feeling we have when we decide to move on; it’s the feeling we have when we move on even if the ghost wants to uncork the bottle and tries to cast a spell; it’s the feeling when we know where to step on even if there is a second thought; it’s the feeling that says its over even if its difficult to erase the memory; it’s the feeling that tells which one to hold on to even if you are spoilt for choices.

And life goes on…you move on...I move on. It’s just those few minutes our paths were crossed. And I have to move from here anyway or else I will miss the flight; miss the trip which I painstakingly planned; miss the opportunity to feel the nomad in me. And I don’t want to miss anything else and I don’t miss a thing. You get me? We have one life and we get one chance!

Wish you a safe journey, a journey called life! Best wishes....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

solna

I read your latest blog about moving on..a certain twinge of sadness comes through...

any kind of moving on is sad..painful and life presents us with many occasions when we have to overcome that and move on...to complete the journey of life..if ever there is an end to that journey..if ever there is a destination...

cheers
suds