Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chivalry in the time of ….

Our behavioral pattern says so much about the kind of person we are. And often 'others' pick up the nuances from the ‘doer’ more than the ‘doer’ itself. And it’s all in front of your eyes. A shrug there, a twitch of facial muscle there, a handshake or the way you bid goodbye, everything tells your side of the story. However impressive your voice could sound from the other end of the world but a look at you while you are at it could truly say whether you could REALLY, well…. And our age old, much cliché-ed saying seeing is believing still rules the roost!

We all have heard the word called ‘chivalry’ sometime in our lives and however well we cram the codes of chivalry its our action which qualifies us as one.

And I know how it was when those shrugs could not hide what all was going on in the head. And I know how it was when those drinks little too many needed to be relieved off at a regular intervals. And I know how it was when one fails to say thank you after singing a song or say goodbye when it was time to say one. And I know how it was when the handshake was just not warm enough to seal it with a kiss. And I know how you spell chivalry however logically you claim you compose. I know how one can still remain ill-mannered, ill-behaved even after twirling with an ivy. And I know what it means to get rid of something where chivalry does not exist…

And I know what I saw. And I believe! Ahem!

2 comments:

homer said...

Yes verbal communication is 80% of the story.

Solna said...

Actions are more important than words!