Friday, December 19, 2008

Why Lie?

It was strange, I will say very strange.

I was in a meeting with someone who is not a stranger and yet not a celebrity but so much is known about him (may be he did not know that). And during the course of interaction I did ask him not-so-important questions which he very promptly answered. I repeated the answers since I had heard before (and known) something completely different so that he gets a chance to correct himself. Yet he repeated the same response. Hmmm, I wondered and stopped still looking eye-to-eye with him. I did see a slight hint of discomfort. Well....

I wonder why people lie about little things in life, when so much more is already known about them (thanks to websites, authentic ones at that) and especially when its about mundane things as trivial as which school one attended and from which University/city one graduated. I cannot understand what makes people cringe and not say the name of the university if its a small town? Why people are so insecure and hierarchical? I would like to think one needs to stand by these little facts of their lives, or else one will always run for cover under a Gucci dress or an Armani suit to feel great. Life is about being honest. Life is about acknowledging who we are; where we came from. Its our habit of hiding such trivial facts makes these issues so-very important to us, have you ever wondered that? Its we who first value-judge a thing before others do.

Sir, just so you know its an utter shame for a person like you to suffer from such insecurities as after doing so well and achieved what all you have so far you should have felt proud to mention your alma mater and the city you came from. Or else you should not have mentioned them in your bio or better even went to another school and re-done your degree.

Well, at the end of the day, you are a liar for me even if you stand tall among people but you score quite low on my list.

No comments: