Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Will you find HappYness?


I am a morning person and I am at my creative best when its sunrise time and I am at my productive best in the morning. And today was no different and I had to put an imaginary lid on the pot where all the thoughts were brewing for my next blog, for the recipe I would try tonight, the dress I would wear over the weekend when I attend that reception and things like that.
And then there were influences all around, we humans are just like blotting papers at soaking up ideas, moods, and vibes; only difference being we can regulate our selection unlike a sheet of blotting paper which without failure would soak anything it is thrown on!

Well, to tell you the gist there were a good number of influences around me this morning which triggered my thinking process on this blog, and it was at that time when the daily planner at my desk was flashing a colorful collage!

First it was Will Smith, (this man is surely addictive) and then the film called The Pursuit of Happyness and then that sudden encounter with that bitchy colleague of mine, and the group discussion at work as we are planning to relocate our office space and then….well, that’s something within my mind which got into that ‘deep thinking’ mode!

And I was thinking how tough it is to be humble and be genuine about it.

In this competitive world its difficult to scarf insecurities and often the inner bitch peeps out and we transmit a vibe unknowingly. I feel it’s a great quality to be humble when you are sitting at the highest rung of that ladder. And only those could flash it genuinely who have reached there after traveling rough patches in life. It shows through your eyes, through your actions, voice AND you can’t act there.

We all are running in this game of life, whatever is our goal, however successful we are, wherever on the ladder we are placed. Running is the name of the game. And we do it, its habit, you know it or not.

And there I read this: "I couldn't tell you that we were homeless, I just knew that we were always having to go. So, if anything, I remember us just moving, always moving". That’s what Chris Gardner tells when asked about his life on which the film is based played by Will Smith.

Wish we knew its just so for everyone: YOU, I and everyone, may be it’s a different track, on a different lane. So gear up, on your mark…GET-SET...and Goooooooooo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Solna

Another great post...life in the fast lane..jet setting...running the rat race..etc etc are a few expressions that come to my mind..note how everything in these expressions is about motion..the degrees may be different for each one...

life can be a roller coaster ride..aah another one..it can also be a whirlpool..people fly off handles...take off on a tangent...sometimes we feel life has reached a dead end..(lack of motion)..a hindi song comes to my mind..."nadiya chale ..chale re dhaara..chanda chale..chale re tara..tujhko chalna hoga ..tujhko chalna hoga...tu na chalega(the song writers perhaps were not very gender sensitive, but u get the idea)..to chal dengi raahe...manzil ko tarsengi teri nigahein.."..may be that is the fear that keeps everyone moving...to think of it..this song is decades old..when life was supposed to be much sedentary...may be it was a myth..may be life was always frenetic (relatively so)..so what is the purpose of all this running..is it just survival? or is there a higher objective? wish i knew...

till then keep moving..keep running..keep tumbling..keep rotating (yes some people even do that)...

cheers

suds

Solna said...

Hmmm...getting philosophical at that..wish we all knew...but thats being human after all..there is no ONE way! And may be thats called living a life, we need to keep on with that.

Anonymous said...

what is philosophy..no i am not asking an academic question..just thinking aloud...philosophy is but interpretation of life and its myriad ways itself...

yes there are millions of way..to each his own...but wonder why then does the highway of life get so much of traffic jam in a few 'ways'