Saturday, December 8, 2007

be the man..err CHANGE


I was away from my sweety for sometime now, was busy teasing my brain..err I was at work and it’s a demanding field you see! But I am in so much love with my blogspot that I had to be back and make my presence felt!!

I was part of a round table discussion to discuss what policies can inspire more men to end gender-based violence globally and more essentially in South East Asia. And there I came across a few lines which truly moved me:

be the man who says NO to Violence Against Women
be the man who Stands for Equality
be the man who Breaks the Silence
be the man who Cares

And I wonder how many (MAN) would truly answer in affirmative in this so called progressive era. And I ask: Are you man enough?

Well, don’t have to answer me…think for yourself .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi solna

fantastic blog...good to see that some people have started seeing the necessity to talk to men on gender equality issues...otherwise you talk gender and it had to be only women..women spoke to women on these issues....

cheers
suds