Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Miles and Bumps..

It’s a ‘miles and bump’ story this side- just sorta update after a month long not-so-active phase on blogspot. No mistaking there, its miles (and miles) and bumps only and no Mills and Boons. Huh.. I am doing 60 miles a day and a lot of bumpy rides. And I have been doing this for past few weeks now after preparing myself for the joyride for last four months or so.


Ahh...you really need to talk straight here. Alright then, I tell you all.


I have moved to academics and taken up my current appointment as a faculty in a public health institute after giving a longish possible thought. BTW, my current employer seems to be a patient lot and given me time as I made up my mind for this ‘cross-country run’. It was a big decision for me, almost like life changing of sorts, but not so life changing from my standard given my stints in cut-off areas and in remote tribal pockets. My parents have become super-immune to any kind of shock my professional decisions can bring and this time they were like, ‘WTF, go play your shot!’


Well, it was me who was kinda mixed bundle of confusion, anxiety, nerves, and things like that. To be very honest I was not sure whether this is going to be a good decision, a correct step in my career at this point in time, a right move when I just wanted to settle down in life with loads of time in my kitchen and spending time with family! But then it was me who finally took the decision and landed up at the new workspace all cheerful and bright one morning after crossing 30 miles through three states (ahhh...who needs all the info?).


I am kinda settling down in this new sphere and hoping to find my groove soon. I wish to develop my niche as an anthropologist working in the domain of public health and working in India and in the subcontinent is immensely challenging given our tryst with tuberculosis and HIV in the current times.


And with miles and bumps notwithstanding, road ahead is a pleasant sight. Surprisingly, life is looking so clear and I am experiencing that kind of a phase when you are driving and the highway looks all yours.


This reminds me, I need to 'seriously' start driving my new car. Ummm, I have a gorgeous man giving me driving lesson...umm..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey congratulations and best wishes on the new sation in professional life. wish you more miles and mileage and less and less of bumps!

suds

Solna said...

thanks, Suds. Keep reading my blog.