Thursday, March 5, 2009

Culture-vulture

I am totally immersed with Tagore these days....I am with him day in and day out...

Err...I mean I am reading his books, listening to his music and talking about him, researching on him...I am into him. Yes, its like this ever since I have visited Shantiniketan.


Hmmm...I just managed a weekend to visit Shantiniketan and what a trip that was. I suddenly discovered the dormant Bengali side of me...and I am happy.


I am pasting a couple of pictures from my Tagore trail so that you can also walk with me as I recite:



"amader chhoto nodi
choley aanke-bnaake
boishakh maashe taar hnaathu jowl thake"





Hmm....I am happy when someone commented that my Bengali has improved that I have been speaking in Bangla with such eloquence that no one can say I have been away from West Bengal for a good 22 years. It definitely makes me swell in pride and I am sure this will make my mom happy too......














P.S: All pictures are copyright material Solna.

No comments: