Sunday, November 23, 2008

I can ‘DIY’ for it


Picture this: Evening time on Saturday, nice cold wind playing with soft silky curtains on my bedroom door, dimly lit rooms and I am admiring my silhouette on balcony walls as I try to explain how I have this throaty voice as an old buddy throws an alarm in the air thinking I was down hearing my voice on phone.

Nah! I am rather all perked up and rearing to go..... I am set for some crowd at my place after doing up the place. Well, more than that actually. Hmmm…

A mere mention about my place gets a dancer’s swirl in his voice (gawd, this man knows how to shake his booty, I swear!) and he wants to land up here in a jiffy from the land of four squares err…pillars. He is in all wonders and wants to know how come I am all so smitten and engaged with this place and how beautiful it must be that I have been revamping/renovating ever since I have acquired.

I say: some things just know how to get attention, don’t you know?

Well dude, this is for you: just to say my place is an ordinary place and I am keeping it all spruced up with my imagination from time to time with some innovation. But don’t rate it as anything great. It’s my sweet li’l pad and I loooooove it. So, that’s the reason in all probability it’s mentioned more often in my conversations.

I just wish you to visit without any major expectations and believe me I am not in a mood to show off my place or readying it for any home-décor magazine shoot. (Ahhh, I have to take pictures anyway, just reminded of a request of other friends, tsk tsk!! Chris and Rikke, this is for you as well). What I can assure you are nice food (hand made, home cooked by one-and-only ‘me’) and comfortable stay if you wish to spend time over some movie and drinks. And when you do visit and spend some time around and seen things with your ‘critical’ eyes I would like to know what you think about the place you have been hearing from me all these months. Fair enough.

Now some update from what kept me so busy last week if you did not hear much from me after I returned from the hills.

I just completed adding a nice 'closet cum bookshelf cum dressing cabinet' complete with mirror (I for some reason find it rather sexy!) and I am really happy with it as its not only my design but I single handedly gotten this job done without much splurging (my wise brother commented) with generous helping of a smart carpenter (he is getting more work at my place if I plan to add another furniture in future).

What next? A luncheon party? Some cozy time with movies on my sexy home theatre? Another renovation? Hmmm…

I am heading for bath…err bathroom, it needs a make-over I feel. Let’s see, how my planning goes around the bathroom. I will keep wondering till some nice brainwave strikes and I know for sure that’s the right design (I have already started with some sketches). I will wait for my ‘eureka’ moment. And till then keep guessing: what I am ‘DIY-ing’ for.

P.S: Just a piece of query: does anyone know of any website about home renovation, especially bathroom fixtures etc? I am quite a regular with ApartmentTherapy, want to know any other nice website/s. Thanks!

No comments: