Friday, October 17, 2008

Eye...ohhh...


Eye-ohhhh!!!

That’s a common expression in South India and among South Indians.
But here I have nothing to say about them and not even about my South Indian connection. Ahem…I mean my four musketeers….err.. ‘Mallu’ friends (I will write about my ‘mallu’ connection later; oops, so much of connections or cross connections? He he he). Its not that I picked up a new word from my recent trips; I am very much in North India and have not visited any place beyond Vindhyas in recent weeks.

This story of ‘eye-ohh’ is from the land of straw hats, golden paddy fields; and stunning skin(umm!). It was admiration galore.

I was admiring undulating rhythm playing on those paddy fields. I can spend the whole day admiring such a stunning sight. Something happens to me; I get immersed in another mode cut-off from the world around me.
I found myself admiring their smooth baby skin (such stunning skin texture these females have!). And my admiring words were there for things I was liking and my comments were mostly around those things, in words, literally.

Then it was time for ‘return gift’. And compliments followed.

‘I want your eyes’, said she.
(I wonder is that a way of complementing in Vietnamese…hmmm, have to explore cultural connotations)

Well, I did not know what was that? You like my eyes? Then say so.
But if you want my eyes then it’s a hard task for you. You have to wait till I die and always remain on the lookout wherever I go and track me all over (I have not yet donated my eyes).
I cannot help you here even if I want to; first I don’t know when I will die and most crucially, where I will breathe my last.
I ask, will you?

Ha ha ha. You get them or not, thats your decision but I like my eyes the way they are. And I know you also liked them. Eye-ohhh!!

No comments: